The Funnel got its name from its narrow shape as it comes over the top of the mountain. The Funnel Terrain Park is featured on its left (south) side that has drawn admiration from far and wide. Its lower slopes were originally named “Scott's Cure,” one of the first three runs cut at the club in 1958. Named after original member Brian "Buck" Scott a dairy farmer (teasing his character since Scott's Cure was a pesticide for farmers and gardeners). Scott’s Cure began where the Funnel now comes out just beside the bottom of the Chute since the Funnel above this point did not exist until cut in the early 1970’s.